Abul Phakir Jainul Abdeen Abdul Kalam was born on October 15, 1931 in Rameshwaram, India and died on July 27, 2015 in Shillong. He undoubtedly was a great politician, writer and a scientist. He played a leading role in the development of India’s missile and nuclear weapon programs. He indigenously designed and produced first successful missile of India. Therefore he named a missile man. In the year 1998 he put forwarded a country wide plan “Technology vision 2020”. It described as a roadmap for transforming India from less developed to a developed Society in 20 years. The plan called for the measures access to education, health care, agriculture productivity and technology as a vehicle of growth. Few of his books like vision 2020, Turning points, forge your future reveals much about his aim towards children’s and young Indian’s towards success, better society, empowering women and building strong India etc.
Dr. Syed Mohammad Ali Rizvi has set up the foundation in memory of late Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, with an effort to achieve his pious vision and mission thus taking a step forward to accomplish a great man unfulfilled dream. DR. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam humanitarian work and thoughts always served as a source of inspiration to Dr Syed Mohammad Ali Rizvi making him realizes his responsibility as a citizen of India for uplifting the society where the underprivileged and deprived people need the support, care and love. This organization is started with a thought to make India a developed nation following the footstep of Missile Man.
VISION: Our Vision is to provide equitable resources to underprivileged people of the society thus strengthening the nation.
MISSION: The foundation is engaged in providing the better future to deprived people focusing section of society which is left unattended. Its aim for fulfilling the needs of unsupported and poor section by providing them equitable and social just necessities as education, skills, employment, health, research and awareness program so as to enhance their standard of living.
In the memory of Dr A.P.J Abdul Kalam, our foundation promotes welfare activities aimed at the alleviation of human suffering and overall improvement of society especially for the poor, helpless & weak. We should have to take concept of “Transforming India” this will give the opportunity to all by providing them basic education, training, employment and support.
1) To establish institutions/colleges for primary and higher education.
2) To create training centres/education centres/health centres for rural poor’s and underprivileged families.
3) To work for uplifting the status of women of poor and helpless families through education /training/employment/marriage.
4) To Organise workshop, seminar, conference, symposium, Faculty development programme, training centres for the awareness and development.
5) To promote employment, foundation has aimed to organise Small scale and cottage Industries, trade fairs, placement agencies and resume data bank.
6) To undertake major/minor projects from central government/state government/local government/UGC/AICTE/ private.
7) To work for uplifting the village people and support them at the time of Agriculture crisis. Propagate tree plantation and pollution control environment.
8) To publish journals, newspaper, magazines and to reproduce works of arts, commerce, literature, science etc for awareness.
9) To provide help to people suffering from natural calamities such as fire, flood, earthquake, famine.
10)To organise cultural events for social awareness and communal harmony.
11) undertake examination centre and organise various examination of universities/ colleges/ management institutions.
12)We Tribute and honour Dr APJ Abdul Kalam by celebrating Abdul Kalam Foundation Day on his Birthday on 15 October every year.